Ambassador of contemporary music Claudia Janet Birkholz promotes a different, freer and more spacious understanding of sound art – on stage as well as in dialogue. Always interested in exchange, she takes the time for all those who want to understand her world, and champions the change of perspective with great passion and unbounded joy of playing. Artificial intelligence, neuropsychology, music: with her expertise, she not only creates trend-setting works, but is also a popular discussion partner for journalists.
Music from a new perspective.
Contemporary music from another dimension.
Music is more than mere music.
Would you like to report on contemporary music, “realtime – internationales festival für neue musik“ or Claudia Janet Birkholz? The concert pianist takes socio-political and scientific perspectives to illuminate contemporary sound art in all its variety. Here you will find an overview of the various subject areas in which the concert pianist appears as an expert.
Are computers the better composers?
In the music industry, artificial intelligence has become part of daily routine. But passion, emotions and spontaneity cannot be generated artificially. A statement for creativity.
What is actually happening in our heads?
Do we even have a personal taste of music? Or are our favourite songs nothing more than the mere sum of trained listening habits? The key to the ultimate sound experience is awareness.
Why is contemporary music 100 years old?
Not a completed project but an eternal experiment. A mix of provocation of the familiar and continuity of the new. Contemporary music is an intangible but colourful world full of sounds and the desire for freedom.
How does a coffee cup sound?
Every human can create sounds – without any instruments. In her workshops, Claudia Janet Birkholz very consciously confronts the classical “listening to music” with “experiencing sound art”. Not reading music, just making music.
Piano in perfection?
Sophisticated playing techniques, qualified expertise and vast practical experience through countless concerts all over the world: Claudia Janet Birkholz shares her knowledge as a lecturer at the University of the Arts Bremen for more than 25 years.
News releases for download
Artificial intelligence in music, “realtime – internationales festival für neue musik“, current issues and impulses to the themes of contemporary sound art: Here you can download the latest news releases from Claudia Janet Birkholz. She will be happy to answer any further questions regarding the releases.
- PM CJB „Musik ist alles – aber keine Geschmackssache”
- PM CJB „Effektiv – aber nicht kreativ: Künstliche Intelligenz in der Musik”
- PM CJB „Von der Rollkoffer-Sinfonie bis zur Bach-Inszenierung”
- PM RTF „realtime-festival feiert 2021 Premiere in Bremen”
- PM RTF Pressemappe „realtime-festival feiert 2021 Premiere in Bremen”
- PM RTF „Bremer Pianistin plant Festival für Neue Musik”
- PM RTF „Ein Statement für die Gegenwartsmusik”
- PM RTF „Neues Festival in Bremen startet 2020″
- PM RTF „realtime Festival verleiht höchstdotierten Musikvideopreis in der klassischen Musik”
Journals, daily press, specialist media: various publications have already been published with reports about Claudia Janet Birkholz. A selection of publications can be found here. The concert pianist and lecturer is also available for expert contributions – she has, among other themes, already written about musical playing techniques, fully automatic algorithmic compositions and the effect of music on the brain. Please contact us with your inquiry!
- Süddeutsche Zeitung „KI ist nicht kreativ”
- PC-WELT „Künstliche Intelligenz in der Musik“
- film-tv-video.de „KI-Symposium 2020: eine Bestandsaufnahme”
- Wissenschaftsjahr 2019 „Virtuelle Komponisten: Warum es für Musik mehr braucht als Künstliche Intelligenz“
- WESER-KURIER „Fachfrau fürs Knifflige“
- WESER-KURIER „Musik auf dem Mini-Klavier“
- WESER-KURIER „Töne, die ein Bild ergeben“
- SHE works! „Claudia Janet Birkholz: Musik ist ein elementarer Teil meiner Persönlichkeit“
- BREMISSIMA „Ein Leben für die Musik“
- BREMISSIMA „Jenseits musikalischer Grenzen“
Press photos for download
Are you looking for photo material to illustrate your reporting on Claudia Janet Birkholz? In our download section, you will find portraits, reportage photos and concert recordings for your contribution. In the download area you can find portraits, reportage photos and concert recordings for your articles. Please inform us about your publication and mention the author of the photo. If you desire further scenes, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the press contact below.
Your personal press contact
Do you want to report on Claudia Janet Birkholz? We are happy to coordinate your request and provide you with additional material such as press photos, background information and more. We look forward to hearing from you, and look forward to your publication.